Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Going to the Gear Con

So it finally happened, after months of preparation and perspiration, we finally went to Gear Con! In Portland. The kids were so excited! We went to both the Friday and Saturday events. The kids did great and we only got one nasty look form a less then gentleman in a class. The kids were not loud or disruptive at all, but he thought so I guess. I was surprised at how small this con was. Granted this is only my second con, but Steam Con made this one look like a backyard fete. We had a great time though. I especially liked the craft classes. Lizzy and I made note books look aged and we all made test tube specimens. Lizzy and I also made Christmas ornaments.
From 2012-08-21 gearcon
From 2012-08-21 gearcon
  This is how we dressed up on Friday, minus Daniel's fabulous hat. I need to get a picture of that!
From 2012-08-19 Gearcon
 I had used food coloring to dye Daniel's shirt. It worked really well. It's kind of an apple green. I made Lizzy's cameo necklace as well.  Daniel made Charles' gun. Charles wouldn't wear the bow tie, but he still looked rather dapper. On Saturday our apt. complex put on a cowboy themed lunch which we enjoyed. We feasted on hot dogs and played games and won several prizes. Afterward we dressed up in different outfits to go to the con. Here's Daniel's look, I forgot to get a pic of me alas.
From 2012-08-19 Gearcon
Isn't he adorable?  We had fun and came home exhausted, well I did at least, but well satisfied. Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures of the fun costumes, there really wasn't a good place for it.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say Charles loved the hula hoops. He didn't want to let them go. It was quite hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...