Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whirlwind

We decided to take a trip up to Kirtland Ohio since Daniel had a few days off of work. What we planned as a leisurely trip turned into a 3 day dervish. We went up to Ann Arbor to stay with Clinton and Janet on the 9Th, arriving just in time for a scrumptious dinner prepared by Janet. Then we took the walking tour of their neighborhood. It is a cute area with a house boasting an homage to the Greeks. Amazing. I wish I had taken a picture. Then we left the next morning for Kirtland. Luckily I had enough cash on me for the toll roads. That was fun. It was about three and a half hours down to Kirtland and when we arrived I was expecting something like Nauvoo, But it was a bustling town. It actually took us a bit to find the temple. We had come just in time for the next tour which was nice. The Community of Christ runs the temple and don't allow photography inside, but I got a few shots of the outside. Then we went to the LDS welcome center and toured the sites in the historic downtown. It was a lot of fun. We drove strait home arriving at 2:30 in the morning. That was a long drive, luckily we could rest the next day. I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...