Thursday, December 2, 2021

Klickitat County Fair

  On Saturday, Aug 21st we went to the fair. It started with a down-home parade. They threw candy and the kids had fun. I was excited about the rodeo, I couldn't believe I was the only one in my family that has been to a rodeo before! What have I even been doing as a parent?!?! Shame! I tell you, so sad...Anyway, I resolved to rectify this gross error immediately! The kids were only really interested in the bouncy houses, which is why we did them last. Cuz that's how I roll.











Small town life, it's so different! We knew quite a few of the people who were showing animals and other wares. It was fun and I think the kids are excited to enter something next year. 






    Turns out I should have taken them earlier so they could have been prepared for a rodeo. Poor Charles was traumatized that they were hurting the poor animals. We saw cattle roping first, then mutton busting, and then Bronko riding. That was the last straw for Charles, so we left for the bouncy houses. Oh well, Lizzy stayed with me for a bit more, but she felt it wasn't as fun without everyone. The kids loved all the booths and the free stuff. They get that from me. "What?!? You have free pencils? Yes, I need one!" We got masks, toliet paper, stickers, pens, post-its, stuffed animals, and even 2 life vests. Score! Unfortunately, Henry turned his stuffed snowman into a weapon, as he does, to use on Teddy so I had to confiscate it for a bit. Other than that we managed to exit unscathed! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shenanigans

 Teddy keeps life interesting. He loves posing and asks for his picture all the time.   Lizzy decorated a cake at Young Womens. Meanwhile, I...