Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Dia De Los Reyes

For some time I have wanted to celebrate Dia de los Reyes. It is a cherished holiday in Spain and I had always wanted to implement it in my own home. This year I got caught off guard a bit on the days, but we celebrated and I explained the tradition, and we had a Kings Cake (the kids were very disappointed that I didn't put a baby Jesus in there. Next year!).  It was fun and a sweet experience to share about my mission a little bit, and their heritage.
 As you know, I love a party and am very sentimental so having a reason to celebrate something our ancestors celebrated is my kind of party. I hope my kids come to realize just how connected they are to those who came before them. But I digress....Behold my King Cake!
Everyone loved it! Yay!
The next celebration was New Year's Eve, we made star crowns and had a great time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shenanigans

 Teddy keeps life interesting. He loves posing and asks for his picture all the time.   Lizzy decorated a cake at Young Womens. Meanwhile, I...