Sunday, April 14, 2013

While the Cat's Away...

Daniel had to go to Virginia for 2 weeks of training so I decided to Invade my Parent's house in Bremerton! I was ready for some fun! I was not disappointed. Lizzy had been begging to stay at Grandma's for "This Many Days" which involved all her fingers. I was happy to oblige. Unfortunately I left the camera in the car so my pictures of these events are not of the best quality alas.We went  the Bug Museum and the kids museum in Bainbridge Is. called Kidimu. They have a free day each month and we were lucky enough to be there for it. The kids loved it! They have a new home since I was there last and they have made if a real fun space. it is located behind the soon to be Bainbridge Art museum. It's currently under construction.
 We had lunch at a cute little diner down the street called The Streamliner Diner. The food was wonderful and they obliged Lizzy's request for a pear. It was delicious! I would love to go back.

Nothing could be finer then to meet you at the diner....
Anyway, we went to the Art walk downtown Bremerton. Ate cupcakes at Bella Bella Cupcakes. Delish!  Then we played at the park with the cousins, experienced a DI meeting. Destination Imagination is a school club for gifted students. My sister heads up the one for her daughter's school. She had them make a cupcake cake sculpture that didn't quite work out. 
Frosting and fondant everywhere! They had a blast though. It was not all fun and games though, Charles did managed to wound Devon in a gunfight. But he took it well. All in all, A wonderful vacation. Lots of laughs and fun with family. Just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...