Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall News

So I have been procrastinating so you know what that means....Massive Download. Get comfortable.... Here it comes....
 First, we went up to Bremerton for the Women's conference. It was fun having a girls night with my Mom and Sister. Papa and Daniel watched the kiddos for us. We had a pumpkin curry soup that was amazing! I need to get the recipe. Somehow I had forgotten that the General Relief Society presidency had been changed so when Sister Linda Burton came up to talk I turned to Mom and said, "she looks different." Duh. Oh well. I loved the conference. Maybe it's because I am pregnant now, but there were an awful lot of talks both in this conference and in General Conference That mentioned losing children. I kept getting teary eyed. I know several families that have gone through that trial and my heart goes out to them.
 Since we were up for the weekend we went to the library's super hero party and checked out the Bug Museum. It was nice.
 
Next we have a fun Family Home Evening: The kids like to play with plugs so Daniel decided to teach us about electrical safety. He was able to bring home his safety gear. The kids were very impressed. 
Finally we were able to have Grandma and Papa Gutierrez down for the weekend. We took them to the Pomeroy Farm for their pumpkin days. Charles made a new friend, but that ended when she threw a rock at him. I was surprised that he didn't throw one back! Lizzy loved the water pump game. It was a ton of fun and the weather was nice. It had been raining so I was afraid that it would be extra muddy, but it was great!
 On Sunday Lizzy performed in her first primary program. She did great! She had her line memorized. It was a proud moment for me. On Monday Lizzy and Charles decorated their pumpkins. I think they did a great job. I am glad that they are excited for Halloween!  It was wonderful having my parents down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...