Sunday, January 30, 2011

you got old

Recently I had a hankering to see the movie You Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. I remember seeing this when it first came out what, ten years ago? Any way, I remember liking it so when I saw it at the library a couple of weeks ago I checked it out. About half way through the movie I began to be disgruntled and by the end of the film I was quite upset. I mean why oh why did this JERK, who isn't faithful to his girlfriend, get to take over and ruin something special and STILL get the girl?! I mean, how is that fair? And the girl isn't faithful to her boyfriend either so maybe they are just meant for each other.
   It reminded me that somehow in the last ten years I have grown up a lot. I look at this dysfunctional dynamic and realize that they can not be happy in their situation because they don't have their priority's strait. But mostly they don't understand the beauty of a loving faithful relationship.  Yes, I have learned a lot about marriage and being a good spouse in the last ten years. (Obviously things that I did not know back when I first watched this movie.) All in all I am glad to know now what I do. I love being married to Daniel. He makes my day better just by walking in the door. And I love being a mother, every day is a challenge, but I have found joy. And I wouldn't give that up for the world.

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...