Monday, February 26, 2024

Valentine's Day

 This year I did my traditional chocolates and balloons for the kids. 
Some of the balloons died that day and some are still hanging in there.


    The stake held a Valentine's dance for the youth. You needed to wear red or pink and if you danced with 4 people you got a prize. So of course I had a wild hair to make Charles a red vest for the dance. As always I was making it the day before and realized I didn't have my buttonhole foot! I searched everywhere but to no avail. Lizzy came with me to JoAnn's in search of one. They don't sell them but pointed me towards a sewing store. They had one I thought would work, but it wouldn't so in the end I had to handsew the buttonholes. I decided to go with a contrast belt in the back.





   It was too loud and Charles got sick overeating fruit. They ended up playing games in another room. Charles even went to play the piano for a bit. So they were not holding up the Bartholomew name very well, but they had fun.
    Daniel and I went to our Stake Adult Valentine's dance. It was advertised as a swing and jazz but it was really just Michel Bluble on repeat. We had a fun time though and since it was well attended, they decided to do another one in Nov.



No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shenanigans

 Teddy keeps life interesting. He loves posing and asks for his picture all the time.   Lizzy decorated a cake at Young Womens. Meanwhile, I...