Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Coming Home

 

   I picked up the car and drove to Hood River for the night. It was after 1 am so I was excited to find such a lovely spot. The breakfast was amazing. Blueberry stuffed French toast.


And the view was spectacular!


I drove to the house to see Daniel's coworkers packing the second truck.



 I had lunch at Bake My Day, the smothered onion burger was messy and delicious!
 

     Then I went to the MaryHill art museum, I had never been and didn't want to leave without checking it out. Below are my favorite pieces:






     As I was leaving the museum I got a call from Daniel saying I needed to get back to the house, I had taken some paperwork that had to stay with the truck and there was a few items I had to take with me. I was so glad I hadn't driven into Idaho and would have to turn around! After all was correct and accounted for, I drove to Hermiston, OR to stay the night in a Comfort Inn. It was anything but! The cleaner smell was very pungent and irritating, and there was blood in the elevator! The breakfast was ok and after some much-needed sleep, I headed to UT. The TP was nicely decorated. 


   I arrived safe and sound at my Mom's house and decided to stay for the next day and visit my friend, Laurie, (she made me the sweater). It was nice to chat with her. She is part of a group that helps mothers who lose their babies so she asked if I had ever received anything for my miscarriages, I told her no so she gave me a packet with 2 candles, they light a candle on Oct. 15th in remembrance. It was so sweet of her to think about that. I love having friends who care. We had met up in Filmore since she lives in Ceder City. 

        When I drove back to Provo I was spent. Mom had me go upstairs and take a nap. I really needed it. For dinner Mom took me to her favorite Thai restaurant, Savory Thai, She's a regular there. The owner came out to speak to us several times. It was fun and delicious!


     The next day we headed out and ran into some neighbors who used to live in Blue Springs, MO, and Littleton, CO where we were spending the night. What a small world! Our drive was very pretty as the fall colors were still putting on a show. We stopped at the most scenic rest area in Aspen CO.




We spent the night at my friend Catherine's home. She took us to go see her horses!






    She made the most amazing butter chicken for dinner and we had a great time with her family. The next morning we got up quite early so we left before the family was up. I texted Cathrine a thank you and we headed out. We got breakfast at First Watch, and it was s good. I had the Lemon Ricotta pancake and Mom had the pumpkin one. They were massive!


    We made it to Blue Springs around 7 pm. It was so nice to be reunited with my family! The first moving truck had arrived the day before and Daniel and the kids had worked hard to set everything up. I was so excited to sleep in my own bed! On Sunday we went to hear my nephew's talk in Columbus, MO. He gave a wonderful talk and we enjoyed the classes. Afterward, we played at their house and had an early dinner. My father-in-law came too, which made it easier to take everyone.
 


Thus ends my epic trip. We took Mom to the airport on Monday. Now I am left to figure out living in Blue Springs. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...