Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Washington to Washington Days 20 - 21

   We got to Kirtland just in time for the final tour. It was interesting as our tour guide was LDS not from the Community of Christ. We had some root beer and I got little pins of the temple for the kids.











I really liked this view.


    I found a lovely little campground to spend the night. We arrived 5 minutes before she had to close for the night! It was a beautiful spot and they had a pool and play equipment, but we left before they were open.

   I found a cute local diner that served the best breakfast called Stockers On the Park. They were so accommodating and had amazing food. Cash only though, but luckily they had an ATM. An older gentleman there paid for the kids to have a lollipop. 





I mean look at that french toast! Yum!
Our next stop was historic Kirtland. 










Afterward, we went to Niagra Falls! The visitor center was under construction of course, but we did get our tokens and a nice ranger gave us some stickers for our books.


Waiting for the trolley!


Teddy clearly is having the time of his life!

Peek-a-boo view




   For dinner, I had to stop at the Hard Rock Cafe. I haven't been to one in ages and wanted to introduce the kids. When I was single, my sister Tabitha and I would go to the one in SLC quite often. I loved doing that. It was quite chilly inside and a little loud for some of the kids, but we had fun.







   I found another campground nearby, they were RV only, but the proprietor was kind and let us stay the night.  Most of the people were year-round guests so it felt like we had interrupted someone's party. They were nice about us though, were luckily had enough cash for it. I broke out the glowsticks and we had our own party. We had New York coffee cake. It was OK.




   The next morning we packed up and headed to Hill Cumorah, we got there before it opened, but we had a blast walking around. There was a huge tour group there too. 










  Then we headed to the Sacred Grove and Smith home. We were too early too, but the grove was open so we walked around and found some missionaries fixing the trails. We used their outdoor bathroom and then headed in for a tour. 




Lifting the plates.














Next, we went to the Grandin Building where the Book of Mormon was published. The poor sister missionaries had a hard time keeping us all together, the younger ones were about done in by this time.












We finished the day on the Whitmer farm and the Priesthood Restoration site. The Susquehanna River was so beautiful. I have to say I am so grateful all the houses were airconditioned!


















   On our way to Jessica's we made an inpromtu stop at Hershey's PA. Since I hadn't planned it we got 
a bit turned about. Hershey is huge! You could easily spend a week there. After getting turned around twice and nearly going to the wrong factory, I finally found the Hershey Museum.  It was small but very interactive. We had lunch in their cafe and really enjoyed it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shenanigans

 Teddy keeps life interesting. He loves posing and asks for his picture all the time.   Lizzy decorated a cake at Young Womens. Meanwhile, I...