Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Washington to Washington Days 12-13

   I had booked an Airbnb for 2 nights in St. Louis, I could have spent a week there though. I had so much I wanted to show the kids and Daniel and Charles had things they wanted to share too. I started by taking them to St. Charles. As per usual, St. Charles was having a festival. I swear this town parties every week! We started with the old capital building.








Afterward, we had an ice cream and I saw a couple from my old ward. That was fun.





    Then we headed to the Airbnb. It was a cute apartment with lovely neighbors. There was a little boy who had fun sharing his chalk with us. He's the only child on the block so he enjoyed having kids to play with. His Mom was so sweet. She gave me directions to a grocery store that was a little sketchy, but everyone was very nice. St Louis switches from nice to scary at whiplash speed. I had never experienced that before living there. 
 The next day we headed to the zoo.
















I took them to lunch at a St. Louis institution: Imo's









They declared it very good. Then we went to the arch!








Most of my pictures turned out blurry due to the low lighting. Sorry about that.



Going into the elevator. We had to split into two groups.
Here we are inside the elevator.







Teddy of course would not be contained by mere ropes! We had to coax him over to our side more than once!



Since we were there on the fourth of July our pic was extra special:

   When I lived here before, I never made it to the cemetery where my great, great uncle and aunt were laid to rest. I didn't want to make that mistake again. It took a bit to find his grave, but it was nice to finally see it.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shenanigans

 Teddy keeps life interesting. He loves posing and asks for his picture all the time.   Lizzy decorated a cake at Young Womens. Meanwhile, I...