Sunday, August 21, 2022

Summer Fun

 The library has these take-home kits that they put together every few weeks or so, this one was to build a beard. 

I got a splash pad and it sort of worked. 

Lizzy's class did rope tieing 

  We went to the Bickelton Rodeo. I had wanted to go last year,  but I was still healing from Teddy's birth so we missed it. I thought it was only half an hour away, but it was closer to an hour. The poor kids. They have a Carousel Museum with a carousel from Portland that was built sometime between 1890-1907. They bring it out for the rodeo and it's like fifty cents a ride. It was a big hit with my crew.









  I didn't know where to pay for the rodeo, so we all just went in and I got tagged by the guy sitting on the ramp asking for tickets. So Emily and I went out and bought the tickets and then found everyone. 
   They had wild cow milking, but no one could do it. None of the cowboys seemed to have much luck, even roping of the cows was disappointing. It's an early rodeo, and not too big, but it was a shame that the cowboys didn't get anything. 
One booth gave the kids all stuffed animals.
Back to the carousel!

We visited the bookmobile before we left, and discovered this old cabin too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shenanigans

 Teddy keeps life interesting. He loves posing and asks for his picture all the time.   Lizzy decorated a cake at Young Womens. Meanwhile, I...