Monday, January 31, 2022

The Next Steps

   When I found out about NaDene's passing I told my FoE Relief Society about it. After expressing condolences, they asked what they could do.  I mentioned that NaDene loved hot chocolate in the morning. She often recounted her favorite childhood memories were of having hot chocolate and toast with her Grandma for breakfast. So I asked the ladies to raise a glass in her honor. Women from around the world raised their mugs for NaDene. I was and am still, so touched. They all stopped their various tasks and helped me mourn. It was a beautiful tribute to sisterhood and I think NaDene would have loved to join right in. 












   NaDene was well-beloved and her ward members wanted to show it. They Showered the family with food, lodging, and accommodations of all kinds. We ate at a member's house and got to really start our mourning process. The family told stories and we laughed and cried. There was a beautiful sunset.


Clinton and Cara Bartholomew

Ron and Randy Bartholomew

Heather and Stephen Bartholomew

Holly Jones, Cynthia Millsap, Chris, and Brenda Bartholomew, Junette Wood





   I was surprised by how many were able to make the trip. It was so nice to see all the Bartholomews and it turns out Ron's cousin had moved into their ward sometime before so we got to know them a bit. Their family had thrown our wedding brunch. 

    Back at Ron's, I took some pictures of NaDene's sewing room. They had moved it upstairs and arranged it so that it could all be put away so you could use the room for guests if it was needed. 




   Right next to the small white drawers is a seemingly scrap of burgundy fabric. That was Teddy's almost finished Christmas stocking. I had asked Ron if I could go through her fabric to find some to match the rest of our stockings. He was happy to help me. I had taken a picture of mine to see if I could get a match, and when I turned around and saw that scrap I thought, "Oh that looks about right." When I pulled it out there was the pieced stocking and the top bit to finish it off. It was such a blessing. Ron, Cynthia, and I teared up at that. 

Marty and Cynthia Millsap

Cynthia was assigned to give the life sketch so she was reading NaDene's journals in preparation. 
Heather and Joseph Bartholomew

The Cousins were here most of the time. Playing games.

Janet Bartholomew and Beth Bartholomew


Ken Bartholomew and Holly Jones





No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shenanigans

 Teddy keeps life interesting. He loves posing and asks for his picture all the time.   Lizzy decorated a cake at Young Womens. Meanwhile, I...