Monday, December 5, 2016

Thankful For Sushi!

We have had this tradition for a few years now, we make sushi on Thanksgiving. It's the precursor to the main meal. Rex has mastered the art of the sushi roll! Everyone helped. I bought way too much seafood. It was delicious. Our main Turkey was the best I have ever made. I brined it for 2 days (while we were off getting soaked, I figured it could be as well) and then drained it and patted it dry. Next I used a new method in Better Homes and Garden. I put a compound butter under the skin and then cooked it on a high heat for 2 hours. It was so moist and delicious! Afterwards we all went to bed. We started the next day off with pie for breakfast! I feel another tradition in the making....








No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...