Monday, September 19, 2016

Grandma's 90th

My Grandma turned 90 this Aug. So naturally we had a party! My Aunt Cheryl headed up the event and it was so much fun. We floated in the famous Great Salt Lake. I lived in Utah for 8 years and never once ventured near it's fabled shores. I had heard the horror stories of yore! Fortunately the tales were a bit exaggerated. While not the most pleasant of places it was worth the experience.

Aunt Erma was the MC and she sang "Ain't She Sweet" to Grandma to kick off the festivities.


 Uncle Matt had us each make a memory book page for Grandma. We each presented our page. I admit I got quite emotional as I recalled our adventures.



 We visited the Beehive house and the Joseph Smith memorial. Yes, those are my boys fighting to see who can stand next to Joseph!

 We had a nice meal at Leatherby's



Sal had Benjamin Clyde blessed on Sunday and then we went to Aunt Cheryl's for lunch. Amie taught us how to make spring rolls and it was so nice to talk with everyone. 




It was a fun trip and I was so glad to be able to celebrate with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope in Tragedy

                 I feel I would be remiss to not mention the events that surrounded the Chiefs. For the last month, the whole area has been ...