Thursday, September 10, 2015

How's your morning?

                Charles erroneously went to school today. He doesn’t officially start until October, but I was notified by transportation that the bus was coming for him today. I dutifully got him ready and away he went. This left us a mere 5 minutes to get Lizzy out of the house to meet her bus. I picked out some clothes for Devon and gave him instructions to put them on. I secured Emily and then Lizzy and I went outside to meet the bus. Lizzy walks most of the way herself. I stay in the yard where I can see her and feed the chickens. A few minutes later Devon comes out holding his clothes and not wearing any pants. I inform him that this is not appropriate and instruct him to return to the house to dress.

                I resumed watering the garden, when he again returns in the same condition. I reiterate how he needs to be dressed to be outside. I think that he has listened and so I finish my tasks and head inside only to discover that he has thrown his clothes in the dirt and was using the hood of the car as his personal slide! I finally convince him to enter the house with me. I sent him in to clean himself since he was covered in dirt. It takes him another 20 miniutes dress himself. I checked on the bathroom to find it sprinkled with globs of soap. Devon tried to help me wipe it up. Fully clothed, we ventured to the grocery store and I realize that I can hardly see out of the windshield. I’m not sure what he smeared all over it, but it resembles soap. Our outing ended with a trip to the car wash which I think was his plan all along. This kid loves the car wash. We returned home in time to get Charles off the bus. He won’t be going on it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...