Sunday, July 21, 2013

Where Did I Leave Off..

Oh yes! Lizzy's birthday! Lizzy turned the big 5 when was it. EEK, last month. Whew, I am so behind. Oh well. So she had been asking to do a princess party which sounded perfectly normal until she told us the details. See while everyone else would be dressed up a princess, she was going to be a witch who captures them. So wait, what? You want to lure unsuspecting 3-5 year-olds to our house so you can capture them and turn them into something slimy? I don't think that would go over to well. Back to the drawing board kid.
 Her next attempt was much more acceptable. She decided to go the fairy route. Wings, fluff and kids? Now that's what I'm talking about.  Plans went forward. Invitations were sent out. A pinata was purchased and  I bought mounds of fruits and veggies. (Fairy's = nature in my mind.) Then Lizzy threw me another curve ball. She didn't want a cake. She wanted cookies instead. Ok, I can deal with that. So the night before the  big event Daniel took Lizzy and Charles out on a ward Elders Quorum/primary camp out.  Devon kept me company while I stayed up till 1 AM making cookies, snickerdoodles, because the sugar dusting makes them sparkle like fairy dust. That was fun! I may have been a little distracted on the actual day. Oops.  Luckily my parents came down to help us celebrate. They helped a ton with decorations and just getting everything ready. Daniel and the kids came back exhilarated from their adventure and my Dad even got to ride the lawn mower! Then the guests started to arrive. We had a good turnout and even though Lizzy got stuck in her room when she put her outfit on, backwards, but other then that I think it went pretty well. Oh, and her frenzy of unwrapping. I don't think I have ever seen someone tare through presents quite so fast! Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate Lizzy's big day! It wouldn't have been the same without you!

1 comment:

Easter

 I found a Baptist church that hosted an egg hunt. We went and it was so much more, they had games and they fed us lunch. It was nice.  Lizz...