Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where Was I? Oh Yes..

So There I was reminiscing about all the things we have done since we moved to Vancouver and I realized, there is so much I haven't shared with you! Alas that can not be! In other words, get comfortable, this may take a while... To begin: here is a video of our version of soccer.
From 2012-03-04 Play ball!
Isn't it hilarious? Then Lizzy has been asking for an umbrella for months now, but at $10 to $20 a pop there was no way I was going to get her one. That was until I found them on Oriental Trading Company where for $15 I got 6. Hmm I can handle that! Lizzy was excited to decorate her umbrella.
From 2012-03-04 umbrella
From 2012-03-04 umbrella
I think it turned out quite cute. Then we went to the library and this time I took pictures! Behold: This is only half of the area, but by this time a little girl had hit Lizzy and we were ready to go. We went to the park at the Vancouver Fort. It was crawling with school kids when we arrived, but they left soon after. We were ready to leave by the time the second wave came. That was nice.
  Then we had an emergency as Charles' blood blister burst and refused to be stemmed. We took him into the prompt care and waited for over an hour before he could be seen. Apparently there were a lot of bleeders there. The doctor had to keep stitching people up! At long last he was seen and Lizzy had to leave because she was freaking out. Charles did well and he only needed one stitch! Next crisis was with our renter. Long story, bad ending, any way we had to go to Bremerton to evict her and while we were there we visited the family. Papa made balloons for everyone!    Notice Charles' huge bandage? That was a pain.
 So on to happier news! St. Patrick's Day! One of the best days of the year and we started it off right by going to Kells' Irish Festival in Portland. I enjoyed the dancers and bagpipes. Lizzy enjoyed the train ride. We took the light rail in. Here's a video of some dancers!
From 2012-03-17 St. Patty's
We checked out the farmers/ street market too. I have never seen so many booths selling things for pets. Like organic dog biscuits. Strange, but fun. The music was grand. We even got a glimpse of the famous Voodoo Doughnuts! Also there is a few pictures of a shirt I turned into a skirt for Lizzy. She likes it. I was quite productive finishing a few sewing projects that had been left undone. Here's Charles looking particularly Dapper in his new green suit.
From 2012-03-18 Green
 And since this is getting pretty long, and everyone else has gone to bed, I think that I will sign off. Till next time! Stay Tuned, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope in Tragedy

                 I feel I would be remiss to not mention the events that surrounded the Chiefs. For the last month, the whole area has been ...