Monday, September 19, 2011
Lions Park
The Lions Club helped build a park on the waterfront in Bremerton in 1964. It has beautiful views of the mountains and a bout launch. Walking paths and ball fields. It is a lovely park, but it was in need of a few repairs and parking was an issue and so on. So, the city decided to update it. We went to the re-dedication and viewed the park for ourselves. It is still a beautiful park, but not one I'd recommend for children. The play equipment was removed and replaced with stone Whales, which, while beautiful, get rather hot. And one slide, a zip line ans a sandpit with a water rock. Oh, and there is a boat. All nice and all, but the play area is covered in mulch. Lizzy had splinters all over her body after a few hours of play, She also was injured on one of the rocks. Like I said, beautiful park, but not kid friendly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pain in the Head
A week ago, I got news of my Dad falling and getting stitches in his head. I joked that he was following in Devon's footsteps, bu...
-
We got to go to the zoo last week with some friends, it was hot, but lots of fun. Lizzy had great fun watching the Hippos check out this vid...
-
On Tuesday, I took Teddy and the girls to Burr Oak to play. It was a bit too cold to walk the trails but the center is quite fun. Ted...
-
Lizzy headed to State this year with 4 other qualifiers. Daniel, Teddy, Lizzy's friend Rosilee, and I went up on Friday to cheer ...
No comments:
Post a Comment