Thursday, October 3, 2024

It Never Stops


    Emily and Daniel went to a Daddy-Daughter dance. They had fun, but Emily preferred playing a game with some other girls to dancing. Sometimes I don't understand how my kids are my children! 


We went to a Box Hill picnic with the Jane Austen Society of KC.


It was windy but beautiful and the kids enjoyed the park while I chatted about Jane. Later I pressed everyone into service to roll up lumpia.


While the kids were at school, I took Teddy apple picking. I sang the Apple Pickers Reel like a true Washingtonian.



We had to go to my hearing apt in Lee Summit so we discovered a new park to play at. The structures were intimidating for Tedddy, but he persevered.


    I finished my FoE Craft for the month. The theme was visiting fantasy worlds. My partner said she would love to visit Middle Earth so I made her 4 postcards from the Middle Earth Chamber of Commerce. On the back, there was a blurb. My favorite was Mordor: "Nothing will warm the cockles of your heart more than the famous Fires of Mordor! East of Gondor and the great river Anduin, and to the south of Mirkwood. This realm boasts an active volcano: Mount Doom. It’s a volcanologist’s dream! There’s always more to explore in Mordor! 
Paid for by the Middle Earth Chamber of Commerce. One trip to rule them All!"


I had so much fun making them and a little frustration too, I loved how they turned out!


The school had another roller skating day, so I took the kids to fight gravity.


    Yesterday the kids had a temple trip planned and since we had to drive half the family up I decided to make an evening of it and packed a picnic dinner. We walked the grounds and had dinner in the autumn sun while the older kids did baptisms. We headed to the van when the sun set as it got chilly. The kids took forever to come out, but I'm glad we were able to go. Teddy always gets sad when he can't go with us to the temple so when I told him he was going he was ecstatic. He kept telling me all day that we were going to the temple. "I go with you, Mom!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

KC Ren Faire

       The last time we went to the Kansas City Renaissance Festival I was pregnant with Charles. We went with Tony and Susan. It was so muc...