Thursday, October 5, 2023

Emily's Baptism

   Emily chose to be baptized on August 19. I asked her if she wanted me to make her a dress, but she chose to wear the one I made for Lizzy. My parents came up for it which was lovely. 




    I snapped these shots a few days before so I could have one for the entry table. She asked Lizzy to do the talk on baptism and me to do the one on the Holy Ghost. It was a little crazy since both Lizzy and I were teaching that Sunday as well. Charles and Devon acted as witnesses. The piano didn't work so we sang acapella. Oh, and the water was scalding! They had to add cold water and it was still too hot, but proceeded anyway. As I was helping her dress afterward I could feel how hot the clothes still were. Ouch! Poor Daniel was quite red. It went well though. She said she was very happy.








She asked for cupcakes for the refreshments.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

      Daniel took us to Fort Osage and it was so fun. They had reenactors and activities for the kids to do. This was their third year doing...