Thursday, October 5, 2023

Washington to Washington Days 31-32

    We stopped for the night at a campsite off the freeway. The lady was very nice and said it was discounted "for cash or check, but no one has those anymore," so I pulled out my checkbook! We had a good laugh over that. The kids decided to sleep in the van rather than set up the tent. They are getting to be quite skilled at van sleeping.


The next morning I took them to a Wafflehouse. I told them it was an institution and needed to be experienced at least once. They enjoyed it and the staff was wonderful.




   As we headed west towards MO I saw a sign for a chocolate factory that gave tours so I had to stop! It was Rebecca Ruth Chocolates in Frankfort KY. They claim to have invented the bourbon ball, which is still their number one seller. The tour was interesting. The site is quite small and I loved hearing about the history. It's still family-owned. We got some chocolates to share with the Blacks and a few mustaches for fun.





They had these wings painted on the outside of their building so we took advantage of them.




We made it to the Blacks!






  I had to get the oil changed so I took it in and found out I needed tires too. Denise took the kids without car seats to a nearby state park while Charles, the younger boys and I waited to hear about the car. The boys loved these blocks. They played with them the whole time!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

      Daniel took us to Fort Osage and it was so fun. They had reenactors and activities for the kids to do. This was their third year doing...