Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Trek Prep

 Our stake decided to have trek this year for the first time. It was rocky going at first, but slowly the youth were getting excited about it. I was able to get what I needed for Charles online, but Lizzy requested a style of blouse that I couldn't find anywhere. Curse this new-fangled era! So I created my first real pattern. It was very hard, but as usual, I was my own worst enemy. I kept overthinking everything. In the end, it worked out quite well I think. Lizzy picked out the fabric and notions. She helped me design it and stood for endless fittings. I had to get them done before our trip so I was crunched for time of course.








   In the end, I made her 2 pairs of bloomers, 3 skirts, and 3 blouses. She used my apron and I added pockets the night before they left for trek. I sewed up cup holders for our trip too because I can't seem to not do any last-minute crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Fun

      Daniel took us to Fort Osage and it was so fun. They had reenactors and activities for the kids to do. This was their third year doing...